How to boost your immune system?
SIMPLE STEPS TO FOLLOW
Many products on store shelves claim to boost or support immunity. But the concept of boosting immunity actually makes little sense scientifically. In fact, boosting the number of cells in your body — immune cells or others — is not necessarily a good thing.
How to effectively increase immune system?
1. Don’t smoke.
2. Eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and low in saturated fat.
3. Exercise regularly.
4. Maintain a healthy weight.
5. Control your blood pressure.
6. If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
7. Get adequate sleep.
8. Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.
9. Get regular medical screening tests for people in your age group and risk category.